question

Upvotes
Accepted
262 12 15 18

When I launch the "Dss.Api.Examples.Exe" and log in with my credentials, I get the error "Problem creating Webproxys

I want to launch the RESTAPI example application as stated in "https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/refinitiv-tick-history/refinitiv-tick-history-rth-rest-api/quick-start". But I have a problem with the configuration of my proxies.

When I launch the "Dss.Api.Examples.Exe" and log in with my credentials, I get the error "Problem creating Webproxys with the configuration paragraph system.net/defaultProxy". Can you please tell me in which file do I have to add my proxies to be able to launch the app?

tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Please do not ask questions privately, unless client identifying information is included !! Making this one public.

@Beera.Rajesh

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@Beera.Rajesh

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Beera.Rajesh,

Please see this previous discussion thread for how to pass the proxy information into C# examples code.

The client should consult with their network group/admin, to obtain the proxy information that they should be using to take them through their organization's firewall.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
262 12 15 18

I have suggested the client with below, however it does not help:

You can force a specific proxy by adding this to the app.config file (using your proxy values of course):

<configuration>
<system.net>
<defaultProxy>
<proxy usesystemdefault="True" proxyaddress="http://127.0.0.1:8888" bypassonlocal="True" />
</defaultProxy>
</system.net>
</configuration>

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.