Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Get Invalid RIC while requesting mutual funds NAV (extended time series)

Hello,

I have a list of mutual funds and want to retrieve NAV data from 2000 to 2021.

While using get_timeseries, I have many errors such as this :

"2021-05-27 10:18:45,909 P[3048] [MainThread 19388] Error with LP60000031: Invalid RIC"

Here is the code I use :

funds = ['LP60000026', 'LP60000031', 'LP60000042']

NAV_EU = pd.DataFrame(index = test.index)

#index is a weekly index from 2000 to 2021 (such as in get_timeseries)

errors = []

for fund in funds :

try :

nav = ek.get_timeseries(fund, start_date='2000-01-01', end_date='2021-05-01', interval='weekly')

NAV_EU[fund] = nav

except Exception :

#NAV_EU = np.nan

errors.append(fund)

I get only nav for LP60000026 which is the only fund that survives over the period.

How could I get data for the two other funds witn Nan values when they were not existing?

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitime-series
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@datafinance_research2

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@datafinance_research2

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
1.6k 3 2 3

@datafinance_research2, Yes, 2 of the funds (LP60000031 and LP60000042) were merged into other funds long time ago (more than 10 years ago). Where did you got these merged funds' ID from???

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello, I use the application FSCREEN with the parameter "asset status = any" to get all funds in my sample request.

bob.lee avatar image bob.lee datafinance_research2

@datafinance_research2, I see! So if you want to get the latest data for funds currently are "active". i.e. not merged nor liquidated, you should only use the funds that have the status as "active".

On the contrary, I'm looking for data for merged and liquidated funds during my period (with nan values added when fund have disappeared).

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.