Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 3 6

Is there a C++ or Python version of the Excel function RHistory to get timeseries?

I see that there is a way to retrieve time series data via the .NET API, I am wondering if there is a C++ version or a Python version.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitime-seriesc++
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
966 11 21 26

The RHistory API can not itself be used in applications outside Excel.

The RTX COM API can provide some interday data, so two years worth of end of day data, which can in theory be accessed in python or C++.

The nicest solution will be to use the Eikon scripting API for timeseries, but that is not yet released. Its planned to be out in a few months

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.1k 250 52 74

There are DataScope Select (DSS) and Thomson Reuters Tick History (TRTH) which provides SOAP and REST API. You can use these APIs with C++ or python to retrieve historical data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you. I am using EIKON but it is good to know about the alternatives.

Upvotes
79.1k 250 52 74

You can use App Studio - .NET SDK (Time Series API) with IronPython.

You need to copy the following DLLs from the DataApiUsageExampleTimeseriesData sample to the same directory as the IronPython script file.

• Common.Logging.dll
  • EikonPipeDll.dll
  • I18nResource.dll
  • Newtonsoft.Json.dll
  • protobuf-net.dll
  • ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.dll
  • ThomsonReuters.Udap.BusTools.dll
  • ThomsonReuters.Udap.Ipc.Managed.Common.dll
  • ThomsonReuters.Udap.ManagedPS.dll

Please see the IronPython script to retrieve the Time Series data in the attached file.

ironpythonapplication1.zip

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.