question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

How could I extract market capitalization dataset?

Hi,
I would like to extract a market capitalization dataset as a snapshot of each country at one point in time.
Would you please explain the process for retrieving this type of dataset?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@anjalika.bardalai

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@anjalika.bardalai

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @anjalika.bardalai

These forums are dedicated to questions related to using our APIs to access our data. Content questions such as this one are best directed to the Refinitiv Helpdesk, which you can reach by either using the Contacts Us capability in your Eikon application or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @anjalika.bardalai ,

What Refinitiv service are you using to get this dataset? For such aggregated Economic data, I would suggest Datastream. With Datastream, you can use the DSWS API (in Python, R or many other languages and packages) and the Datastream Navigator, the latter can help you find the dataset names you are after.

Taking Romania as an example, is this (description below) what you are looking for?

Market capitalization (also known as market value) is the share price times the number of shares outstanding (including their several classes) for listed domestic companies. Investment funds, unit trusts, and companies whose only business goal is to hold shares of other listed companies are excluded. Data are end of year values converted to U.S. dollars using corresponding year-end foreign exchange rates. Aggregation Method: Sum

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

@jonathan.legrand
I am using Refinitiv WorkSpace.
I have previously managed to download bond datasets following this search criteria:
Screener
Universe: Deals Bonds
Issue Date: 1 Jan 2011 to 31 Dec 2020.

And now, I would like to download market capitalization for each economy as of 31st of Dec 2020. Would you kindly explain how I can do this through Refinitiv WorkSpace?

Is it possible to get the data through the website (similar to the bond search criteria) rather than running codes?

Thanks for your help :)

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.