For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 3

MRN WebSocket filter before uncompressing

Is it possible to filter the news that will be received by a WebSocket, when signing up for a MRN_STORY *before* receiving and uncompressing the news received?

I ask that because otherwise one will have to receive, uncompress and filter each news which might not be relevant. If it would be possible to define that, for example, only news coming from the country 'US' with the language 'EN' would be received, that would decrease the am https://9apps.ooo/ ount of traffic and processing.

If this is possible, please let me know how; if it is not possible (which appears to be the case), then I would like to be sure of it!

websocketsrrtorefinitiv-realtime-optimised
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @jishnvajaldbhai

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @jishnvajaldbhai

The MRN is the real-time news delivery system that sends all news data to the application. The application needs to assemble, uncompress and parse the news fragments to get news content and then filters the news data based on the application requirements. The MRN data domain (including the MRN_STORY RIC) does not support the news filter query.

If you want to get news data based on a specific query, you may check the Refinitiv Data Platform APIs (RDP APIs) which provide news content via the Alerts and HTTP REST delivery methods for consumers.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.