question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

Example queries using "OR" and "AND" in discovery/symbology/v1/lookup API

Hi Refinitiv team,
I cannot find examples for usage of "OR" or "AND" in symbology/lookup API. Can we have some examples of how to construct a query using the "OR" or "AND" operator (symbology_user_guide.pdf, page 14).
What I try to accomplish is the same as what I get with this PermID request:
https://api-eit.refinitiv.com/permid/search?entityType=quote&q=ticker:CRG%20AND%20mic:XDUB&format=json&num=100&access-token=<TOKEN>
, that is to be able to send ticker (ExchangeTicker) and Exchange MIC in lookup request and get RIC as an answer.

rdp-apiricssearchsymbology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Contacted EDP-SymbologyDev <EDP-SymbologyDev@refinitiv.com> to answer this question.

Hi @dragan.vasic ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

Hi dragan.vasic

A typical 'AND' (intersection) query in this case would have been: AND [ticker -to- Ric + Mic -to- Ric].

However we are currently restricting Mic to Ric queries because they are too broad.

So we could use the following two queries in this case : (1) A pre-defined AND query from ticker + mic to Org (2) We then use this org id to navigate from Org to its Ric using an auto query

These are the queries below:

Query 1

{

"from": [

{

"values": [

{

"ExchangeTicker": "CRG",

"Mic": "XDUB"

}

]

}

],

"type": "predefined",

"route": "ExchangeTickerMicToOrganization"

}

Query 2

{

"from": [

{

"identifierTypes": ["Permid"],

"objectTypes": ["Organization"],

"values": ["4295874867"]

}

],

"type": "auto",

"to": [

{

"identifierTypes": ["ric"]

}

]

}

Does this help?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.