question

Upvotes
Accepted
87 10 13 14

Discovering extended historic fields via Eikon Data API or Refinitiv Data platform

We are trying to programmatically discover, which extended historic series data are available for a given instrument (RIC), using the Refinitiv Data Platform API. The goal is to supply similar functionality to an end user as the "Data Item Browser" included as an App in Eikon. We are specifically interested in which TR.xxx series are available for request for any given symbol. See the attached screenshot of a data item search for ADSGn.DE.

We know how to access and download these extended historic data series (TR.xxx fields like TR.TotalReturn, TR.RSIExp14D. TR.EBIT etc) via the Eikon Data Api 4.0 (for Python) using http://localhost:9000/api/v1/data (demands a running Refinitiv Workspace App), this question is specifically on how to discover which items are valid and downloadable for a given RIC.

Is the /discovery/search/v1 or any other API endpoint capable of this task?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformsearch
dataitembrowser.png (111.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @GoGoGroundhog,

DIB is the recommended way to discover this info. It is specific to Eikon. I do not believe there is a programmatic way to obtain the same information.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Well, DIB is also present in the Refinitive Workspace App.

Upvotes
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @GoGoGroundhog,

If I understand your question correctly, to discover which timeseries fields are available for a given RIC, you can use the Data Item Browser as you show above. Except you can filter on timeseries by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner, i.e.

1606232739644.png (211.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.