For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 4 8

Connecting to ADS Websocket failing on port 15000

The websocket was enabled on our ADS server and I am using ws://{IPaddress}:15000/websocket to try to connect to the websocket server but not able to connect to it. Receiving below error:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 159.43.120.70:15000

at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port)

at WebSocketSharp.WebSocket.setClientStream()

at WebSocketSharp.WebSocket.doHandshake()

at WebSocketSharp.WebSocket.connect()

I am using below sample code to try and test the connection but its failing. Can you please advise what could be the issue here?

websocket-api/MarketPriceExample.cs at master · Refinitiv/websocket-api · GitHub

I did test the connectivity from my machine to the ADS server that is listening on port 15000 but its failing. However, its working fine for one of my colleague. So the issue is not with ADS not listening.

Maybe I do not have port 15000 open on my test machine. Does it require to be open on my test machine? i.e. an outbound connection on port 15000 on my test machine correct? Any idea?

websockets
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17.8k 82 39 63

Hi @jpatel2

Are you on the same network as your colleague? I'm just curious if you, and not your colleague, are behind some kind of firewall. You don't need to explicitly open a port on your machine - this would be handled by your gateway/router/proxy. If your colleague is going through the same gateway as you, perhaps you can find out if they are doing anything specific on their machine to allow connectivity - I don't get the sense that they are.

What I would do is reach out to your market data team managing the ADS. They have logs and can tell you what the difference is between you and your colleague.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22.6k 59 14 21

@jpatel2,

We discourage asking duplicate questions!

Your other question on the same topic is still open and we had identified network/firewall to be the main issue. This is not something we can help you with. Please raise it up with your network team!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.