question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

How MarketDataItemEvent can be triggered when I use RFA 8.2.1 net version?

all examples in RFA8.2.1 are using "SessionLayer.SessionLayerEventTypeEnum.OMMItemEvent" and OMMConsumer. But our server is code in C++ by RFA 7.6 with MarketDataItemEvent can be triggered.

(rfa::sessionLayer::MarketDataItemEvent ) Would you give me some examples of how to trigger MarketDataItemEvent in RFA8.2.1 ?

rfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @bin.hu

The MarketDataItemEvent is available in the RFA version 7.X legacy MarketData interface/SSL connection only.

The RFA API version 8.X supports the strategic OMM-based interface/RSSL connection only, so it does not have the MarketDataItemEvent. The OMM Consumer application receives this OMM Item Event as a response to the request that the application registered.

ommitemevent.png

You can find more detail on the RFA API Developer Guide document and this An Overview of the Refinitiv Robust Foundation API - Java/C++ page.

If you are developing a new application, please be informed that the RFA API is a feature-completed API (non-strategic). You may consider the Enterprise Message API – C++ edition (EMA C++ API) which is a part of the strategic Refinitiv Real-Time SDK (RTSDK) family. Please find more details regarding the RTSDK C++ from the following resources:

ommitemevent.png (52.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 0 1

Would you provide the RFA version 7.X of .net for me? As the website only can download the 8.2.1 version.

icon clock
10 |1500

@bin.hu

RFA.NET 7.x isn't available for download anymore.

If I remember correctly, RFA.NET only supports OMM interfaces.

It doesn't support the MarketDataItemEvent.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.