Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Get ROC with quarterly frequency

Hello!

I'm trying to download the official Return on Capital of AAPL.OQ of the previous quarters, on a quarterly frequency. However, when I execute my code I simply get the yearly data repeated 4 times.

I noticed that the issue is only with the field I'm using, so maybe there's a different one for that frequency?

data, err = ek.get_data(
        ["AAPL.OQ"],
        ["TR.ROCEActValue.calcdate","TR.ROCEActValue"],
        {"SDate": "-8", "EDate": "0", "Frq": "FQ"},
    )

roc.png

Thanks for your help!

eikon-data-apipythonapi
roc.png (14.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Daniele and all,

Conveying the conclusions from the content investigation:

"The measure is currently provided on an annual basis only, see reference screenshot from Eikon below. This is the reason why we get repeating values when pulling on a quarterly frequency. I further checked the current estimates and confirmed that Analysts are currently submitting annual estimates only."

yearly.gif

so the results that you observe are as expected

yearly.gif (157.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Daniele ,

I am observing the same on my side, however my content expertise is limited.

I have opened the support case with our content experts, to verify the correctness of this content. Please expect they will reach out to you directly via email that was registered on dev portal.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.