question

Upvotes
Accepted
30 4 6 13

Pull Closing Prices Without Market Holidays

Hello, with this request in Excel using PI#S and DN (A2 = S&PCOMP ticker):

=@DSGRID(Data!$A$2,"X(PI#S)","2021-12-31","","DN","RowHeader=true;ColHeader=true;DispSeriesDescription=false;YearlyTSFormat=false;QuarterlyTSFormat=false;AutoRefresh=false","")

I am able to pull the S&P 500 last value excluding holidays (dates).

How I can translate this method in python code for CodeBook ? Could you provide an example that matches the same output I obtain in Excel ?

pythondatastream-apimarket-holidaysexchange-holidays
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Aleniles,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@Aleniles

You can try this one:

ds.get_data(tickers="@AMZN",fields =["PO", "PH","PL","P#S"], freq="DN", kind=1)

However, please contact the Refinitiv Datastream Web Service support team directly via MyRefinitiv to confirm it and ask for the way to obtain market holidays (dates) in Datastream for a given country.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
79.2k 251 52 74

@Aleniles

The code looks like this.

Price = ds.get_data('S&PCOMP', fields=['X(PI#S)'], start='2021-12-31', freq='DN')
Price

The output is:

1652322459495.png

1652322459495.png (9.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks! Is there also a way to obtain market holidays (dates) in Datastream for a given country using python ?

Upvotes
30 4 6 13

How to do the same (removing holidays) but fetching the Open, high, low and close using a stock like @AMZN ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.