question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 1 1 9

dates coming out as wrong number

I have two problems:

1. sometimes when I run the below code chunk, I get an empty data frame, and sometimes I do not.

2. when I don't get an empty data frame, the dates are reported erroneously, as in not in a proper date-time format. (note that I am trying to get the data into a csv file with dates in a specific format)

Here is my code and a screenshot of the output showing the erroenous date-time format.

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()
syntax = "SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))), IN(TR.TRBCIndustryCode,54102030,54101010,54101020),CURN=USD)"
TSfields = ["TR.F.PeriodEndDate(IncludeSpl=Yes)","TR.F.TotAssets(IncludeSpl=Yes)"]
df2 = rd.get_data(
    universe = syntax,
    fields = TSfields,
    parameters = {'Scale': 0,  'SDate': "1989-01-01",'EDate': "2022-06-05", 'FRQ': 'FY', 'Curn': 'USD'},
    )

df2.rename(columns = {'Instrument':'#'},
            inplace = True)
df2.loc[-1] = df2.columns.to_list()
df2 = df2.sort_index().reset_index(drop=True)
df2.columns = ["ticker","PEDate","assets"]
print(df2)
df2.to_csv("tob_shutoff_TSraw.csv", date_format='%Y-%m-%d', index=False)
print(df2['PEDate'])

screenshot 1.png

eikonrefinitiv-data-platformdatadate
screenshot-1.png (17.3 KiB)
screenshot-1.png (17.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi @LRE42

Can you confirm the version of the refinitiv.data library you are using?

I was able to replicate using the latest version (1.0.0b13).

Can you try downgrading to version (refinitiv-data==1.0.0b9)? I had better success with this version. In the meantime, I will report the behavior to the development team.

thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
16 1 1 9

Hi Nick -- Thanks. i am using 1.0.0b13. I have used the eikon package instead (with just a few text edits), and it is working for me now as expected. But I'm glad to know the development team will get the error message and hopefully improve the functionality.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.