question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 1 3 4

EMA API custom opaque/decode/downcast example

Hi,

We can see EMA API example 250 / 290 / 291 of custom opaque / decode / downcast, it specified the domain type to be value of 200 / 133 respectively. As checked the EmaRdm class with pre-defined list of constants, I cannot find the value of 200 / 133. When establishing the connection, I can see the Item State message of 'Capability not supported'. What does it mean or how we can support it ?

Thanks,

Daniel

ema-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @Daniel Zhang

Please refer to the README files that come with each of the examples.

As per the README files, the examples demonstrate various scenarios regarding Custom Domain models.

Are you publishing your own custom domain models - do you need to publish your own custom domain models?

In order to support a Custom Domain model, you would need to write a Provider application that publishes the required custom domain model e.g. Provider examples 260 and 320.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9 1 3 4

Thank you for your suggestions umer. I am on the learning curve and will touch the provider application when needs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.