Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 2 4 7

Option chain blank after 6/7 pm

HI, I'm using option_chain, err = ek.get_data('0#/SPX*.U', ['TRADE_DATE', 'ACVOL_1']) to get SPX option chain. After 6/7pm the option_chain comes back empty/blank. Before 6/7pm getting complete option chain. This happens for all other option tickers ("0#/SPXW*.U", etc). Why is this happening? Any way to fix this? Thanks

chain-ric
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @vlad.dimanshteyn

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @vlad.dimanshteyn ,

Believe what you are observing is the closing run on these instruments.

See this previous discussion thread for more information- let us know if this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Zoya. So exchanges reset the values on the closing run. But based on the last paragraph of that answer: if I have subscription to OPRA. I will get closing values and they will not be reset. Is this correct? It is very important to us, we are about to get OPRA subscription. Thanks so much

Hello @vlad.dimanshteyn,

My knowledge of this specific content is very limited, so I have opened a content case #11555794 to help clarify the specific closing behavior for you.

Please expect our support expert to reach out to your shortly via email.

Thank you Zoya. We are planning to get real-time data with Refinitiv shortly & OPRA subscription (its necessary for that). This question is critical for us and we need to know what we have to do to have ability to pull data after 6/7 pm. Thanks so much.
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.