For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 5

Closing Run Logic

What does "Closing Run Logic" mean in the fixspec for the real-time feed, and how does it affect the behavior of that field?
For some fields it is set to "Clear" (e.g. under FID:6 TRDPRC_1) and for others it is set to "Does not clear"?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @kevin.mak,

The Closing Run occurs each trading day and occurs at a specific time as defined by the exchange and feed. The time varies across feed but will typically occur outside of the trading hours. The logic is exchange-specific but in general, many of the fields within that feed are set or reset. Each exchange will define their own logic as outlined within the fixspec. For example, in some feeds, the closing price is copied over from the FID 6 - TRDPRC_1 and then the TRDPRC_1 value is cleared. Where other fields will never change or clear - such as the Exchange ID or Currency.

The run will publish out the changes to downstream applications that have open subscriptions to these items. The downstream applications will need to account for these updates.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@nick.zincone.1 how can the closing run events be detected? I am working on upgrading from rfa to ema and my application has some existing logic that executes on a closing run event. In rfa, I was able to detect closing run events by checking the MarketDataItemEvent.MarketDataMessageType but I can't seem to find an equivalent for ema.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.