For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
2 4 7 9

where can I find a mapping between Refinitiv Exchange Codes to Market identifier codes (MIC) & Service Names to refinitiv Exchange Codes

Example of one such us NSI -> XNSE? Any links for any xls/csv or anyway to extract this data using Java?

Example:

NEO Exchange NEO-D for NEO-listed securities -----> ???? exchange code
ema-apirfaeta-apiexchangesexchange-codesupa
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@pratik.p.mehta

Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can contact the content support team as mentioned by my colleague to check if the mapping file is available.

However, I have used our search API to map RDN_EXCHD2 to MIC. It can map around 300 entries.

1663732274248.png

You can download it from here. However, it is better to contact the content support team to confirm it.

1663732274248.png (46.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you - this is exactly what I was looking for. Does this file update whenever a new exchange is added?

Do you have more info on how can we get this programmatically via Java?

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

hi @pratik.p.mehta ,

In my best understanding of the question, it is about content and the members of the developers' community and the moderators of the forum may have some understanding of the content involved. We aim to answer the question if our answer can be of help.

However, the in-depth understanding of specific content requires the knowledge of an expert in that content area. As our customer, you can tap this expertise by opening a case via Content Helpdesk Online or calling your local Refinitiv support number.

To be of help, case number 11605134 was raised on your behalf and you will be contacted by the support team directly to assist on this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
79.2k 251 52 74

@pratik.p.mehta

No, I will not be updated when a new exchange is added. I need to re-run the code for newly added exchanges.

I used RDP Search API to get those mappings.

The search endpoint is https://api.refinitiv.com/discovery/search/v1/.

The request message is:

{
  "View": "SearchAll",
  "Filter": "(ExchangeCode eq 'LSE' and Mic ne null)",
  "Select": "Mic,MicName, ExchangeCode,ExchangeName",
  "Top": 1
}

The response is:

{
  "Total": 19303,
  "Hits": [
    {
      "Mic": "XLON",
      "MicName": "LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE",
      "ExchangeCode": "LSE",
      "ExchangeName": "London Stock Exchange"
    }
  ]
}

1663897359756.png

The Java code looks like this:

Unirest.setTimeouts(0, 0);
HttpResponse<String> response = Unirest.post("https://api.refinitiv.com/discovery/search/v1/")
    .header("content-type", "application/json")
    .header("Authorization", "Bearer <token>")
    .body("{\n  \"View\": \"SearchAll\",\n  \"Filter\": \"(ExchangeCode eq 'LSE' and Mic ne null)\",\n  \"Select\": \"Mic,MicName, ExchangeCode,ExchangeName\",\n  \"Top\": 1  \n}")
    .asString();

If you have a Refinitiv Data Platform account, you can test the query through https://api.refinitiv.com.

You can contact your Refinitiv Account Team directly for more information regarding the Refinitiv Data Platform API.

1663897359756.png (55.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

You can use RDP Symbology endpoint.

{

"from": [

{

"identifierTypes": [

"MIC"

],

"values": [

"XETR",

"XNGS"

]

}

],

"to": [

{

"identifierTypes": [

"RDNExchangeCode"

]

}

],

"reference": [

"name",

"status"

],

"filter": {

"status": "active"

},

"type": "auto"

}

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.