I have an application which uses the Eikon .NET TimeSeries API to get both daily and intraday timeseries data. The application works fine on Eikon up through 4.0.34. On 4.0.35+, one of two strange behaviors happen:
If I link ThomsonReuters.Desktop.API.DataAccess.Signed version 1.8.1 (dependent on ThomsonReuters.Udap.Ipc.Signed 2.9.0), my program will frequently hang silently waiting for a request to come back from Reuters. If I run the code through the VS debugger, I receive the following uncaught exception, thrown apparently on an internal Reuters thread (since I catch all exceptions in my code, and yet this never gets passed to my exception handler):
Message: Exception thrown: 'ThomsonReuters.Udap.Ipc.Managed.Common.CommunicationException' in ThomsonReuters.Udap.ManagedPS.dll
Additional information: An error occured on communication layer during RawTimeSeriesServiceProxyImpl.RequestData() method invocation. Please see inner exception for details.
If I update my Nuget packages to latest stable (DataAccess.Signed version 1.8.4 and Udap.Ipc.Signed 2.10.5), and request intraday data, I no longer get the uncaught exceptions. However, no matter what RIC I request (including obvious ones like MSFT.O), I receive a NoSuchRic error.
Again, this is code that works perfectly under 4.0.34. What is the preferred method of getting TimeSeries data to work under 4.0.35+ (it appears the current release is 4.0.38)?
My example is running fine on Ekon 4.0.38536. It uses DataAccess 1.8.4 and Udap 2.10.5.
I tried running your code-- please see my attached variant which downloads more names and views on intraday data. The behavior I'm seeing on 4.0.38 using your code linked to 1.8.4/2.10.5 is similar to what I was seeing in my code under 4.0.38 linked to 1.8.1/2.9.0-- seemingly normal behavior followed by a complete stop. However, I am not seeing the CommunicationException on the log-- the program just hangs indefinitely (following the last log entry on log_4038.txt, I waited 10 minutes with no activity before finally hitting Ctrl-C).
I have modified the sample code a bit by storing the ITimeSeriesDataRequest in the list so it will not be collected by Garbage Collector. The log looks okay. The service was up and running and the data requests were sent.
After running the example in my environment, it can retrieve the data properly but sometimes I got NoSuchRic errors for some items. It happens randomly.
Next, I think that we should verify TSI log files. Under Thomson Reuters Eikon - Configuration Manager, please make sure that Information, Data, and Error under TSI are checked. Then, please restart Eikon.
The TSI log files will be created under Eikon's log path/TSI, such as C:\ProgramData\Thomson Reuters\Eikon Data\Logs\TSI.
I need the application log and tsi.Service.xxxx.log when the problem occurred.