question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

TR. function - only import RICs with USD as currency

Hi!

I have a collection of CUSIPS of stocks and bonds in an excel file from which I'd like to pull all RICs that are only listed in the currency USD. So far, I am using the following command: =TR([column with CUSIP], "tr.ric").

Can anyone help me implement the USD as a criterion to trace the data?

Much appreciated!

#technology#productrics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @mathias.lindermeir

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@mathias.lindermeir

I checked the available parameters of the TR.RIC field in the Formal Builder and am unable to find the parameter used to specify the currency.

1668422133507.png

You can contact the Eikon support team directly via MyRefinitiv to confirm it.

1668422133507.png (53.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
78.8k 250 52 74

@mathias.lindermeir

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I assume that you would like to convert CUSIP to RICs that are listed in the currency USD.

I think you can use RSeach instead via Advanced Search.

1668400106340.png

The output is:

1668400455272.png

For more information regarding @RSearch function in Eikon Excel, please contact the Eikon support team directly via MyRefinitiv.

1668400106340.png (80.8 KiB)
1668400455272.png (25.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Good Morning! Thanks for your input. Although I think I wasn't clear in the description of my issue.

Below you can find the file that I am currently working with. I have the CUSIPS available for all securities and the corresponding ISIN that I could request from the Excel add-in via the =TR. function. Now, as you can see the RICs in column C are not in a single currency, it seems like Refinitiv is pulling any available listed RIC (maybe the first one Refinitiv comes across?).

Currently, I am using the following function for the first row: =TR(A3, "tr.ric"). While it gives me a RIC that corresponds to the CUSIP, it doesn't deliver the RIC in USD.

So, my question is whether it is possible to add an "only USD" identifier to the tr.-function?
1668409842028.png

Thanks!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.