For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

RTO latency in AWS using PrivateLink

Hello there!

Just asking general question - what is decent latency with Refinitiv RTO service (being in same location or using VPC)? I deployed my app in AWS Tokyo, create endpoint (showing that its works ok) at same AZ and using websocket connection have delay of updates like 150-160ms in average.

In my case it doesn't seems that PrivateLink reducing some latency, to be honest. Or is it possible to beat 150ms delay from Refinitiv servers?

#technology#productwebsocketsawsrefinitiv-real-time-optimised
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21.7k 57 14 20

@wmx642,

I second that - how are you measuring the latency? Are you trying to find out the end-to-end latency using the exchange timestamps. In this case the latency will vary widely and depend on the geographic location of the market, you are requesting the data for.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @wmx642 ,

We have confirmed with our RTO team that according to our testing, in Tokyo we are seeing latency through the AZ of sub 5 milliseconds.

Can you please describe how you are measuring latency on your side, in both cases and what you observe?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 1 3

Thanks a lot for your replies!

I subscribed for US Economic Indicator with Real Time RIC and just compare SRC_ES_NC field from update and my machine timestamp of getting this update (for direct request i spend 5ms indeed).

And my example from today: update from USNFAR=ECI with SRC_ES_NC: 13:30:02.004 and i got it at 13:30:02.228

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @wmx642,

You are trying to subscribe to a source in US from Tokyo - there will be a significant latency, similar to what you are observing. If this latency time is important to your application, please move it to a US east AZ.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.