Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Mapping data through the API

Hi all, I try to map the some features to each bond in my file. My file contains 50,000 individual bonds and I use loop and

"rd.get_data(universe = ['US010609FF77'], fields = ['TR.FiBankQualified', 'TR.FiInsuredCusipFlag'])"

to map the Data. However, after mapping around 4,000 bonds successfully, the codebook fails to return any value the rest of the day, even for a single bond. Could anyone tell me what's going on or give me some suggestions how I can achieve the mapping successfully? Thanks for your help!

#technologyrdp-apidataapi-limits
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @aiden.tao

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @aiden.tao ,

It seems that the limit has been reached, you can check the detail in Eikon Data API Usage and Limits Guideline (If you are connecting using a desktop session to Eikon or Workspace via RD Library - the same limit as Eikon API applies - as the RD Library is mimicking the Eikon API and still sourcing its data from Eikon.)

I'm not sure which limit is reached. However, could you try calling the rd.get_data with multiple instruments instead of looping through them, for example

rd.get_data(universe = ['INSTRUMENT1,'INSTRUMENT2','INSTRUMENT3'','INSTRUMENT4']
, fields = ['TR.FiBankQualified', 'TR.FiInsuredCusipFlag'])

Hope this help and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.