question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Is there a way to pull news data using the .NET/C# Refinitiv Data Library?

I am currently using Eikon's News Monitor to filter by keywords, company symbols, and news sources to receive real-time streaming headlines. I want to access this data programmatically. I do not see any instruction that it is possible to do so using .NET/C#. Thanks in advance.

#technology#productnews.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.7k 85 39 63

Hi @Chris.Iemma

As far as I am aware, I don't believe the Eikon News Monitor provides an API. I would recommend you ask this question within the Help & Support feature within the desktop - access by the help key (F1).

What I can suggest is to look at the available News APIs within the Refinitiv Data Library for .Net library. Here are the associated resources:

• Historical headlines and stories
    These examples provide a way to retrieve news headlines and stories using a specific query

• Machine Readable News
    Realtime News Headlines and Stories. This service does not provide the ability to query for a specific headline - it is effectively a dump of all news

• RealTime Message Queues
    Provides a near realtime to request and receive headlines using a query. This service is only available on the platform (RDP - Refinitiv Data Platform), not Eikon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.