question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 0

Is there a way to pull news data using the .NET/C# Refinitiv Data Library?

I am currently using Eikon's News Monitor to filter by keywords, company symbols, and news sources to receive real-time streaming headlines. I want to access this data programmatically. I do not see any instruction that it is possible to do so using .NET/C#. Thanks in advance.

#technology#productnews.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Chris.Iemma

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @Chris.Iemma

As far as I am aware, I don't believe the Eikon News Monitor provides an API. I would recommend you ask this question within the Help & Support feature within the desktop - access by the help key (F1).

What I can suggest is to look at the available News APIs within the Refinitiv Data Library for .Net library. Here are the associated resources:

• Historical headlines and stories
    These examples provide a way to retrieve news headlines and stories using a specific query

• Machine Readable News
    Realtime News Headlines and Stories. This service does not provide the ability to query for a specific headline - it is effectively a dump of all news

• RealTime Message Queues
    Provides a near realtime to request and receive headlines using a query. This service is only available on the platform (RDP - Refinitiv Data Platform), not Eikon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.