Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Understanding Discrepancies in StreamingPrices, Historical Prices, and EDP Functions in EIKON DATA API

I've been working with the rdp.steamingPrices API for news headlines and the rdp.get_historical_price_summaries() function, along with some EDP functions in the EIKON DATA API. I've noticed some inconsistencies in the data I'm receiving, and I'm hoping to get some clarification on the concept of a "universe."

#technologyema-api#product
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Katherine_Ryan

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
17.5k 82 39 63

Hi @Katherine_Ryan

If you can provide more details, that would be helpful.

If you have not already, I would recommend you review the learning material within the Developer Community. The tutorials refer to a series of examples within GitHub that will cover a number of details related to streaming prices and historical price summaries. You can also refer to the get_history() API call.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.