question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 1 1 5

ETA RWF encoding

Hi,

We try to retrieve streaming realtime data via ETA C in RWF format from our local deployed RTDS.

There is a sample code for using ETA C VAConsumer what we used:

./VAConsumer -webSocket {
  {HOST}}:{
  {PORT}} {
  {SERVICE}} mp:EUR= -uname {
  {USER_NAME}} -aid {
  {APPID}} -x -protocolList rssl.rwf

We received the following message:

Error text: <rwsReadResponseHandshake:1921> Invalid HTTP response, status code 400

When we use the default tr_json2 protocol with this request, then we receive data in json format.

./VAConsumer -webSocket {
  {HOST}}:{
  {PORT}} {
  {SERVICE}} mp:EUR= -uname {
  {USER_NAME}} -aid {
  {APPID}} -x

Please advise how to find the reason of this error? Is it possible that we have to change some settings in ADS/ADH?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards

refinitiv-realtime#technologyema-apieta-apic++ADSrefinitiv-realtime-sdkADHcRWF
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
83.1k 281 53 77

@marton.brosig

I tested it with several versions of ADS.

1. ADS 3.5.1.L1: I got the following error.

Connection down, reconnecting.  Channel fd=18446744073709551615
        Error text: <rwsReadResponseHandshake:1921> Invalid HTTP response, status code 400

Connection down, reconnecting.  Channel fd=18446744073709551615

2. ADS 3.6.3.L1 and ADS 3.7.0.L1: I can get the data properly.

You may need to upgrade ADS.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
23.7k 61 15 21

Hi @marton.brosig,

Please use -tcp flag for the RWF format.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 1 1 5

Thank you for your answer @Gurpreet,

Is it absolutely not possible to use the RWF format with websocket, or is it only the example application that can't do this?

Thanks in advance

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @marton.brosig

While its possible to get RWF over websocket connection as shown by my colleagues; it does not offer any advantages compared to the traditional RSSL connection for a local deployed RTDS. Did you have any specific use case in mind?
Hi @marton.brosig

I agree with @Gurpreet , the RSSL connection aims for high data distribution. It provides a better performance then the WebSocket connection.

Upvotes
26.4k 62 17 14

Hello @marton.brosig

I can use ETA VAConsumer C (RTSDK 2.0.7.L1, quite old) to connect to my local ADS Pop (3.7.1.L1) WebSocket connection using the following parameters:

-webSocket localhost:15000 ELEKTRON_DD mp:/THB= -uname wasin -x -protocolList rssl.rwf 

Result:

vaconsumer.png

Could you please give me more details about your environment?

• What ETA version you are using?
  • Which RTSDK edition (C/C++, Java, or C#)?
  • ADS version
  • More log messages when the problem occur.
  • Are you using the VAConsumer "as is" or modified something?

vaconsumer.png (51.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 1 1 5

@wasin.w
I'm using RTSDK C++/C Release 2.1.1.L1 (Jun 9, 2023),
ADS version: 3.4,
VAConsumer is unmodified,
I don't get any additional log messages other than

Connection down, reconnecting.  Channel fd=-1

on the console, I did not found any other log files.
Thanks in advance!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.