question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 1 1 5

ETA RWF encoding

Hi,

We try to retrieve streaming realtime data via ETA C in RWF format from our local deployed RTDS.

There is a sample code for using ETA C VAConsumer what we used:

./VAConsumer -webSocket {
  {HOST}}:{
  {PORT}} {
  {SERVICE}} mp:EUR= -uname {
  {USER_NAME}} -aid {
  {APPID}} -x -protocolList rssl.rwf

We received the following message:

Error text: <rwsReadResponseHandshake:1921> Invalid HTTP response, status code 400

When we use the default tr_json2 protocol with this request, then we receive data in json format.

./VAConsumer -webSocket {
  {HOST}}:{
  {PORT}} {
  {SERVICE}} mp:EUR= -uname {
  {USER_NAME}} -aid {
  {APPID}} -x

Please advise how to find the reason of this error? Is it possible that we have to change some settings in ADS/ADH?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards

refinitiv-realtime#technologyema-apieta-apic++ADSrefinitiv-realtime-sdkADHcRWF
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @marton.brosig ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@marton.brosig

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@marton.brosig

I tested it with several versions of ADS.

1. ADS 3.5.1.L1: I got the following error.

Connection down, reconnecting.  Channel fd=18446744073709551615
        Error text: <rwsReadResponseHandshake:1921> Invalid HTTP response, status code 400

Connection down, reconnecting.  Channel fd=18446744073709551615

2. ADS 3.6.3.L1 and ADS 3.7.0.L1: I can get the data properly.

You may need to upgrade ADS.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @marton.brosig,

Please use -tcp flag for the RWF format.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7 1 1 5

Thank you for your answer @Gurpreet,

Is it absolutely not possible to use the RWF format with websocket, or is it only the example application that can't do this?

Thanks in advance

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @marton.brosig

While its possible to get RWF over websocket connection as shown by my colleagues; it does not offer any advantages compared to the traditional RSSL connection for a local deployed RTDS. Did you have any specific use case in mind?
Hi @marton.brosig

I agree with @Gurpreet , the RSSL connection aims for high data distribution. It provides a better performance then the WebSocket connection.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @marton.brosig

I can use ETA VAConsumer C (RTSDK 2.0.7.L1, quite old) to connect to my local ADS Pop (3.7.1.L1) WebSocket connection using the following parameters:

-webSocket localhost:15000 ELEKTRON_DD mp:/THB= -uname wasin -x -protocolList rssl.rwf 

Result:

vaconsumer.png

Could you please give me more details about your environment?

• What ETA version you are using?
  • Which RTSDK edition (C/C++, Java, or C#)?
  • ADS version
  • More log messages when the problem occur.
  • Are you using the VAConsumer "as is" or modified something?

vaconsumer.png (51.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7 1 1 5

@wasin.w
I'm using RTSDK C++/C Release 2.1.1.L1 (Jun 9, 2023),
ADS version: 3.4,
VAConsumer is unmodified,
I don't get any additional log messages other than

Connection down, reconnecting.  Channel fd=-1

on the console, I did not found any other log files.
Thanks in advance!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.