Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Eikon API - Timeseries for economic indicator not updated with latest data

I am trying to pull in some economic indicator timeseries data.

However, I've noticed that some of the data points are not showing the latest or updated data.

Quick example if USPFDB=ECI (Philly Fed Business Index). We had the December release yesterday (21 Dec 2023), however when I pull in the data using 'ek.get_timeseries' it only shows me the data updated up until the previous print (notice on the image the latest release shows 2023-11-30 but not showing the Decemeber release which was released yesterday).

Anyone know when these data points are updated, and whether there is a workaround to get the most recent data?

Thanks.

data-not-updated-example.png

python#contentpython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @arno.venter, May I ask: which API are you using? the RD Lib or the Datastream one? Or maybe another one?

@arno.venter

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@arno.venter

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I ran the following code with Eikon Data API and got the following data.

df = ek.get_timeseries(['USPFDB=ECI'],  interval="monthly", end_date="2023-12-31")
df

1703563962900.png

To get the current value, you can use the get_data method, as shown below.

df,err = ek.get_data(["USPFDB=ECI"],fields=["GN_TXT16_3","GN_TXT16_4"])
df

Otherwise, you can use the get_history method in the Refinitiv Data Library for Python. Other examples are available on GitHub.

rd.get_history(universe='USPFDB=ECI')

1703563962900.png (6.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.