Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Eikon Python API query

Hi,

I am unable to get the price and volume data using the below code.

df, err = ek.get_data( instruments = ['LXRH24'], fields = ['TRDPRC_1', 'CF_VOLUME'] ).

I am getting this error message: module 'eikon' has no attribute 'json_requests'

eikon-data-api#technology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
5.9k 21 2 6

Hi @kiosk3.mktvec.ny, I seem to have access to this data:

1703752182235.png

I believe that in this case, you do not have the nessesary permissions. Please raise a ticket on my.refinitiv.com on this matter.

1703752182235.png (24.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5.9k 21 2 6

Hi @kiosk3.mktvec.ny,

May I ask if you could try collecting this data with the new Library version, the Refinitiv Data Library? You can find examples of its use here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @jonathan.legrand - appreciate your prompt response.

I just tried using the Refinitiv data library, however I am getting 'Empty DataFrame' as output. Here's the code:

rd.get_data(

universe=['LXRH24'],

fields=['TRDPRC_1', 'CF_VOLUME']

)

Upvotes
14.4k 30 5 10

Hi @kiosk3.mktvec.ny ,

Regarding an error, module 'eikon' has no attribute 'json_requests', Which version of Eikon library are you using? Could you please uninstall then re-install the Eikon library.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.