Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Error: no proxy address identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.

I am trying to run Eikon DATA API:

import eikon as ek

ek.set_app_key(xxx)

and i get error: "Error: no proxy address identified.Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running."

I downloaded Eikon Data API Proxy for Windows - README.zip and this file is refering to the non existing page:

Starting with Eikon version 4.0.36, the Eikon Data API is fully integrated into

Eikon for Windows. Please refer to the following Quick Start guide to learn how

to use the Eikon Data API.

Quick Start guide for Windows users: https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/content/quick-start-guide-windows-0

So where can i get Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy?

eikoneikon-data-apiworkspace#technologyapiproxy
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@anna.pettersen

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply, and then close the question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @anna.pettersen,
Please note that all Thomson Reuters sites related to LSEG APIs have been discontinued; the one you kindly shared above is no longer valid for use. Instead, please see the revised website:

https://developers.lseg.com/en/api-catalog/refinitiv-data-platform/refinitiv-data-library-for-python

In order to authenticate yourself to the LSEG system, you will need your login credentials, and you can use them with both the Workspace and Eikon Desktop Applications. I would suggest downloading and running the Workspace Desktop application (in tandem with the new and improved Refinitiv Data Library for Python). You can find more information here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.