question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

How to get News in c#

Hi

I am using Visual Studio .Net for communicating with Thomson Reuters APIs. I am trying to get latest news for a specific product.

Is there any example describing the process? Thanks

eikoneikon-com-apinews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @pierre,

I'm afraid Eikon .NET SDK does not provide an interface for news. The most you can do is to subscribe to the RIC NFCP_UBMS, which provides the live stream of all news headlines you can receive. However, there's no backfill of headlines through this RIC. I.e. you can only retrieve the headlines that are published after you start the subscription. And no filtering capability is provided. You'd have to implement filtering yourself based on the content of a headline update.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Hi Alex,

May i know how can we subscribe to RIC NFCP_UBMS?

Cheers.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Same way you subscribe to any other RIC. It may be helpful to look at this RIC in a Quote app in Eikon application to see the list of fields and how the content is updated. Looking at this RIC in a Quote app should give you a pretty good idea whether it's of any use for your purposes.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.