question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 4

Retrieving Convos text in automated way

Hi,

I am trying create a service in C# using RFA8_NET120_x64.dll to read the Convos text. For this firstly I need to pass the RIC to get the monitor detail. The monitor details include FID_660 which has the value of last trade number (INFO#E5675). Now to get the Convos text, I am required to pass the INFO#E5675 as RIC. I have 4.20.19_TREP_15.61 of RDMFieldDictionary, enumtype.def and RFA.cfg.

I want all the Convos text of the date on daily basis in automated manner. Does anyone has tried something like this or is there any sample code is available in C# for reference? Any help is appreciated.

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@sachin.a.singh

I get item stream closed with statusText "The record could not be found" when reqeust RIC "CIBY#E15543" and "CIBY#ES" from Elektron Real-Time data feed. It looks like the RIC is not available on the feed I'm using. Is this the data from your own publisher/custom feed?

Anyway RFA or TREP API is just a low level api used to send request and get response it does not have capability to automatically request and parse specific data and support custom work flow. You have to implement your applicaiton logic to request and parse the data yourself.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks.

Have completed my development and achieved what was required.

Upvote
7.6k 15 6 9

@sachin.a.singh

RFA.NET does not have example which support the requirement.

Basically API just provide data to request and get response message from the provider/data feed. It does not understand meaning of data. User has to know RIC name and what kind of data or field they need to process in advance. And then they can write the applicaiton to process data automatically.

From your description, I'm not sure what is Convos text you need. Do you have sample RIC and data you are tesing? Also the INFO#5675 seems to be invalid RIC name and I can't request it from Elektron Real-Time. Can you provide more details?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 4

@moragodkrit

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to get FID_660 from CIBY#ES RIC. The value present in FID_660 is CIBY#E15543 will be used as next RIC to get the CONV_TEXT and SRC_REF1 values. This activity needs to be automated in C#.

To achieve this automation we are creating a windows service to pass the CIBY#ES as first request and get the data from FID_660 for second request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.