Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

R code to get starmine data

I have written a prototype using the Eikon Excel Plug in to retrieve 2 Starmine data fields for the latest date for portfolio list into Excel. I would rather use an API so I can build a more automated, robust solution that can be run on a daily basis. Are all of the API options able to retrieve the following:

=TR("LIST(PortfolioName)","TR.EQCountryListRank; TR.ARM100Region","CH=Fd RH=IN",A2)

Would the R or .NET API be able to give me the data I need? Is there any sample code for this?

(And yes, we have talked to our rep about licensing restrictions and understand the data will only be available to the people who have an Eikon license)

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @suzanne_persson,

Thank you for your participation in developer community forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@suzanne_persson

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Yes, as suggested by @Zhenya Kovalyov you can use Eikon API Proxy, which can be downloaded from this portal, and open source eikonapir package from Github to make this call. Load eikonapir package into R. Then

set_app_id('Use Eikon API Proxy to obtain app ID and put it here')
get_data(list('LIST(YourListName)'), list('TR.EQCountryListRank', 'TR.ARM100Region'))
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

This is quite possible with the scripting proxy API in Python:

tr.get_data(instruments=['LIST(Blah)'], fields=['TR.EQCountryListRank','TR.ARM100Region'])

I suspect you can do something similar in the community supported R API .

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.