Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
43 7 7 6

How to get all investors for a list of stocks, historically with the python API

Hello.

I am trying to get a list of unique investors from a stock universe. Meaning that I want to have each investor appearing only once in my list even if they invested in multiple companies of my universe. Also I want to be able to get this list historically.

How to do that with the eikon python API? An example would be extremely useful.

Many thanks

Charles

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiscreener
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@charles.malafosse, there is an alternative way as well:

fields = ['TR.PeersInvestorName.investorid', 'TR.PeersInvestorName', 'TR.PeersEquityAssets','TR.PeersNumStocksHeld', 'TR.PeersEquityAssets' ,'TR.PeersTotalValueHeld' ]

df, e = ek.get_data(['MS.N', 'JPM.N', 'UBSG.S', 'C.N'], fields)
df.set_index('investorid', inplace=True)

df.head()

It will give you the unique list and some analytics back:

If you want a historical component, you can add ```SDate``` as a parameter.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
4.6k 26 7 22

@charles.malafosse

You will need to request a list of investors for individual instrument at a specific date and merge the results from each instruments. For instance, investors in ```MS.N``` as of 1 year ago:

fields = ['TR.InvestorFullName.investorid', 'TR.InvestorFullName', 'TR.SharesHeld(SDate=-1AY).date','TR.SharesHeld(SDate=-1AY).value'] df, e = ek.get_data('MS.N', fields) 

building unique investors would be just removing duplicates from the 'InvestorId' column.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.