question

Upvotes
Accepted
37 14 15 18

OpenDASC MultiConnection Consumer

Hi,

Could you help me with sample example in Java on how to consume DACS Multi Connect Subscriber Client please? Basically, I want to be able to pass a list of daemon host IP addresses and list of service names to my consumer application. The daemon host could be running on different hosts and different ports and the service names could be different too.

Regards,

josa

trepDACSopen-dacs
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dear AHS moderators,

Please DO NOT provide the example as asked. We are trying to get in touch with the account team, to determine what the client is doing, and how to best help meet their requirements

Thanks

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Hello @josa

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

We have an example of how to integrate OpenDACS with StarterConsumer in the form of Tutorial 5 - Integrating DacsClient with StarterConsumer,

We have, as part of the OpenDACS SDK, the simple example of integrating multiple daemons and services DacsMultiConnectSubscribeClient that we've discussed.

These two self-contained examples can be integrated into a single application that is more complex and custom, as, I think, you intend. This type of integration, is usually done in custom solutions, by our developer clients, if convenient, or by the third party developer shops, if more expedient. Usually, this type of the integration effort includes and fulfills additional custom requirements collected from business.

Consider if it would help to discuss the requirements with your TR Account team, to help identify the best way to proceed for your organization and to help you plan?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @josa,

Have you had a chance to review, in OpenDACS Java SDK, example

DacsMultiConnectSubscribeClient? A few of the multi-connect usage examples are documented as comments in the java source code, some with multiple daemon hosts, ports and service names. Do you find what you are looking for?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
37 14 15 18

Thanks @zoya.farberov. I have checked it and it only shows use cases for just connecting to multiple OpenDACS daemon. What I want is example of how I can integrate it with TREP and get actual data (something similar to StarterConsumer.java class that uses DacsSubScriberClient.java in the tutorial).

Could you help me with an example similar to thart of the StarterConsumer.java class?

Regards,

josa

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
37 14 15 18

Hi @zoya.farberov, I know this and it is for single daemon host - it consumes DacsSubScribeClient. What am interested in is that which consumes DacsMultiConnectSubScribeClient.

Can you provide an example for me and if you don't currently have it, please let me know.

Regards,

josa

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
37 14 15 18

Please close this ticket. Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @josa ,

Please accept the answer that you think best answers your question?

This will help other community members with similar questions in the future.

Thanks,

-AHS

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.