Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

Eikon python api Response 404

As i knew, eikon python api is getting data via http://localhost:9000/api/v1/data.

When i use the api or send a post to that link, I will receive HTTPError: <Response [404]>.

The funny part is that some time I can use the api properly but not any more now.

How it can be fix?

Also, for the api performance, it seem like slower than eikon-excel. Is it have some way to getting faster when let say I need to get huge amount of data?

More information:

SxS file in C:\ProgramData\Thomson Reuters\Eikon Data\Logs\TRD\Eikon:

[2018-04-13 23:52:42.845|prod]  (sxs-proxy) SxS Proxy init OK
[2018-04-13 23:52:42.846|prod]  (app) Start server...
[2018-04-13 23:52:42.852|dev]  (app) onStarted: 9000
[2018-04-13 23:52:42.853|prod]  (app) API Proxy is listening to port: 900
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@JINCAO

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

@JINCAO,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
AHS

@JINCAO, please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@JINCAO
I checked your Eikon account. You're not subscribing to any services from Thomson Reuters. You subscribe to a product named Metastock Xenith from the company named Metastock, which includes a variant of Eikon, but that variant of Eikon does not include access to Eikon Data APIs. For more details see my answer to a similar question raised on this forum earlier:
https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/answers/26084/view.html
I would add to my response that if you're looking to retrieve large volumes of data I suggest that perhaps instead of a market data terminal product like Eikon you consider one of Thomson Reuters Enterprise products designed and engineered for bulk data retrieval.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.