Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

Hi I am getting the following error when I try to run eikon in python EikonError: Error code 401 | Eikon Proxy not installed or not running. Please read the documentation to know how to install and run the proxy

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

do you have Eikon running?

@nicholas.harper

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @nicholas.harper

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

I retrieved spyder (with Python 3.6.5) and tested too run a script.

I didn't face to any issue.

To investigate your issue , you can activate Information log in Eikon and provide the SxS logfile.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@nicholas.harper Can you provide the information to investigate this issue that is required by @pierre.faurel?

Upvotes
4.3k 2 4 5

Could you detail the context ?
Is there any error in your script when you set app_key ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 2

I am running the below

import eikon as ek
import logging
logging.basicConfig()

ek.set_app_key('xxxxx')

headlines = ek.get_news_headlines('EU AND POL',1)
story = headlines.iat[0,2]
ek.get_news_story(story)

I logged in and out again and I have received a different error message show below

INFO:pyeikon:Response : 500 - <!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Error</title>
</head>
<body>
<pre>Internal Server Error</pre>
</body>
</html>

INFO:pyeikon:Port 9000 was retrieved from .portInUse file
INFO:pyeikon:Try to handshake on url http://localhost:9000/api/handshake...
INFO:pyeikon:Response : 404 - <!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Error</title>
</head>
<body>
<pre>Not Found</pre>
</body>
</html>

INFO:pyeikon:Set Proxy port number to 9000
INFO:pyeikon:Application ID: xxxxx

ERROR:pyeikon:HTTP Response: cannot decode error message
ERROR:pyeikon:HTTP Response: cannot decode error message

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.3k 2 4 5

First suggestion : you should hide you app_key in your post. Edit it then replace it with xxxxx in both lines :

• ek.set_app_key('xxxxx')
  • INFO:pyeikon:Application ID: xxxxx

The error means you don't have credentials to use Eikon API.
You should contact your account manager and/or Eikon support to check this point.

You can confirm by yourself in the following log file C:\ProgramData\Thomson Reuters\Eikon Data\Logs\TRD\Eikon.<yyyymmdd>.<hhmmss>.pxxxxx\SxS.<yyyymmdd>.<hhmmss>.pyyyyy.txt

If you have credentials, you should find this line :
[2018-08-03 11:41:06.750|1|SxS|1|INFO] PO: SIDEBYSIDE,APIPROXY

If you don't have credentials, the line will be :
[2018-08-03 11:41:06.750|1|SxS|1|INFO] PO: SIDEBYSIDE

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 2

start node

Arg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Thomson Reuters\Eikon\X\Bin\Eikonbox.exexxxxxxxxxxxx User\Cache\LibraryCache\Apps\THOMSONREUTERS.EIKON.DESKTOPSXSSVC\1.1.0.28\index.js -TraceLevel=-1

Hi Pierre

I am not seeing either of those lines in the file. I should be enabled. This seems to be a specific issues with using spyder. I should have mentioned this before. This works fine when I use the command prompt

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.