Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
20 1 0 3

Missing information on insider transactions

Hi, I am trying to replicate the insider transactions data for a stock with python, but it seems like I am missing many informations. Only a few lines are showing and I am trying to get all the lines. Have I done someting wrong in the code?

symbols = ['aapl.o']
insider_trades, err = ek.get_data(symbols,["TR.TransactionDate","TR.InsiderFullName","TR.InsiderRole","TR.AdjSharesTraded","TR.TransactionType","TR.TransactionPrice",], debug=True)

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
eikon.png (283.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@legaultjp
You need to add the time range for the insider transaction history to your request. Try adding SDate and EDate parameters to the request. If you need to retrieve all transactions, then specifying a wide time range (say the last 30 years) is the way to achieve it:

insider_trades, err = ek.get_data(symbols,["TR.TransactionDate","TR.InsiderFullName","TR.InsiderRole","TR.AdjSharesTraded","TR.TransactionType","TR.TransactionPrice",], {'SDate':'0D', 'EDate':'-30AY'})
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks!

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@legaultjp the best course of action I can recommend is drafting a model in Excel first, which you can do with the help of your local Support Desk (Help > Contact Us) and select 'How do I replicate Insider Transactions in Eikon Excel'.

For some of the data, Excel (and API) and Eikon apps can use different databases, so it might not be possible.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.