For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 4 3 7

Ondemand request filed vs schedule request file

I am building two Rest API rest to download necessary data, for the filed i choose in schedule task, i create a report with file HST_CLOSE and HSTCOLODATE, and i am trying to get the same data in an on demand request using the ElektronTimeseriesExtractionRequest, however i could not find similar filed as this two, so i could not use the rest api to collect data if my schedule rest api is down one day, is there a one by one filed table when we are comparing the on demand request and the schedule request, or actually the data source for them are totally different, so we have different field name, or should i use another on demand api request rather than the elektron time series.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsstime-seriesfields
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@kf2449, could you please export the template you refer to in your schedule (it will deliver an XML file), change the file extension to .txt, and post it here ? That will be of help to solve your issue.

Hello @kf2449

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @kf2449

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@kf2449, please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.4k 10 6 9

Hi @kf2449

Both Schedule and On-demand use the exact same fields for each template type.

Which template are you using for the Schedule task?
I assume it is "Tick History Raw" as that is the only template that has HST_CLOSE and HSTCLSDATE fields, am I correct?

If you want exactly the same field, then you must use the TickHistoryRawExtractionRequest for your On-demand request.

Unlike other templates, TickHistoryRawExtractionRequest uses Elektron Real-Time fields (because it is Elektron Real-Time Raw data).

When you made On-demand TickHistoryRawExtractionRequest, you must specify fields in the "Condition" under "Fids". And the "Fids" must be the field id, not the field name.

HST_CLOSE and HSTCLSDATE field ids are 21 and 79.

Here is an example JSON.

{
  "ExtractionRequest": {
    "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TickHistoryRawExtractionRequest",
    "IdentifierList": {
      "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
      "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
        {
          "Identifier": "IBM.N",
          "IdentifierType": "Ric"
        }
      ],
      "ValidationOptions": {
        "AllowHistoricalInstruments": true,
      }
    },
    "Condition": {
      "MessageTimeStampIn": "GmtUtc",
      "ReportDateRangeType": "Range",
      "TimeRangeMode": "Inclusive",
      "QueryStartDate": "2018-10-29T00:00:00.000Z",
      "QueryEndDate": "2018-10-30T00:00:00.000Z",
      "DomainCode": "MarketPrice",
      "Fids": "21,79"
    }
  }
}
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.