For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

Mappint of Bloomberg field names to Reuters ones

Our company is currently switching from Bloomberg to Reuters and I have to provide of mapping of all Bloomberg fields to Reuters one (ie. PX_LAST would be Universal Close Price). Where can I find such mapping? Is there any pitfals I should be aware of?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssfields
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@marcin.ceglarek, I'm sorry to say we do not have such a mapping. To help you make such a mapping there are several tools you can use:

1. There is a data content guide that lists all fields we deliver. Tab Field Descriptions contains them all, with the field name in column B, and the Report Template in column A. The Universal Close Price field name is: "Universal Close Price", it is available in the EOD Pricing, TimeSeries Pricing and Composite report templates.
  2. You can also find a description of the fields we provide in the DSS GUI. Create a report template, and then browse through the available field list. Clicking on a field will display its description. Note that the field list depends on the report template (End of Day, Time Series, etc.).
  3. You can also use the API to request the field list for a particular type of data, including descriptions. This is described in the REST API Tutorials. See here for instance for that API call for End of Day data.
  4. Finally, to verify your mapping you can make data requests and compare the returned data. You can do this using Postman, which avoids any programming. This is explained in the REST API Tutorials Introduction.

I hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.