question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 1 3

Why no data be fed into RFA FeedHandler while 3500+ RICs were subscribed?

Hi, Dear all:

I wrote a FeedHandler to receive realtime data from TREP via the RFA C++ Windows interface.

But I met a problem. I have a RIC list which has 3500+ RICs, and the FeedHandler links to a Cascading TREP(equipped with ADH and ADS) once I start the FeedHandler process, I can see all the RICs had been subscribed at the Cascading TREP side. And then, all the subscribed released. The FeedHandler can't receive any data.

I did another test, shrink the RIC list number to 100 and launch the FeedHandler again. It works fine.

So, I can image there must be some limitation at any site of: Source TREP, Cascadign TREP or FeedHandler itself.

Can I have your suggestion about this case? What will be the most possible site and how to check that?

Regards

Zheng

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Zheng.Huang

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

If the reply below is satisfactory in resolving your query please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply.

This will help community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Zheng.Huang

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Zheng.Huang

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 1 3

@Warat B.

Thank you so much!

As you mentioned, I checked the parameter *ads*aggregateItemLimt of my Cascading TREP, the value is 5000. But I can't check the value of Source TREP because of no permission.

But please forget the limitation of TREP side, I think I found the reason. It is caused by some RICs(such as one or more Stocks) have a "Suspended" status(Fid 6614). And my FH didn't filter them out.

So far, I just draw the conclusion but not implement in code. Do you have any suggestion of how to filter the "Suspended" from "Normal"?

BTW, we can check any FID at: http://dt.int.thomsonreuters.com/EVdatabase/EVindex.asp

Regards

Zheng

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Zheng.Huang

So the FeedHandler didn't receive any update because of trade suspend, is that correct?

In this case, you would have to decode the message payload and check the TRD_STATUS field for value 3.

Upvotes
4.4k 10 6 9

@Zheng.Huang

Did the FeedHandler receive any status message from TREP?

Also, TREP has configuration parameters
*ads*<serviceName>*itemLimit

and
*ads*aggregateItemLimit
which limit the maximum number of items a user is allowed to have open simultaneously.

The default is 2400 items.

If the FeedHandler exceeded this number, I should have received a status message from TREP.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 0 1 3

@Warat B.

Yes. The FH shutdown by itself once met the "Suspended" RIC, even there's only one among the 3500+ list.

Let me try to pick them out with TRD_STATUS field.

Thank you!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.