question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

API for recommendations?

Dear Folks,

what's the right API for:

- Trade recommendations (e.g., "hold", "sell", "buy")

- Company/stock news (e.g., profit outlook, M&A)

- Corresponding stock exchange ticker/ISIN

- All in real-time

I've thought it's TRKD, but I don't find the above information in the documentation. For instance, for news it seems that the Web Service Request needs an ID - I'm interested in any news which has been published (maybe filtered by topics like M&A). Recommendations I haven't found at all.

Thank you very much in advance, best regards

Elmar

refinitiv-realtimeapiricsnewstradeproduct-insight
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

The choice of product is influenced by multiple factors. In addition to your data requirements and technology stack you also need to consider what you want to do with the data retrieved, as different products permit different types of data usage. E.g. Eikon is an end user product and any data retrieved using Eikon APIs must be utilized solely for the user's individual use. TRKD is targeted primarily to power Web portals and comes with the license to redistribute Refinitiv data. The best way to go about selecting the right product for your specific use case is by contacting your Refinitiv account manager, if you already have one, or by reaching out to Refinitiv Sales team. For the latter you can either call Refinitiv office in your country or follow the link below:

https://www.refinitiv.com/en/contact-sales

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

Thanks you Alex. I'm looking for data

- Trade recommendations (e.g., "hold", "sell", "buy")

- Company/stock news (e.g., profit outlook, M&A)

- Corresponding stock exchange ticker/ISIN

- All in real-time

to be retrieved via the API. This data will be analysed in our platform and trigger further steps - all only in the back end (i.e., Web UI).

What is the right API for this?

Thank you very much in advance, best regards

Elmar

icon clock
10 |1500

Based on this the best product for your use case is probably TRKD, but as per my previous response, I suggest you contact your Refinitiv account manager or Refinitiv sales team if you don't yet have an account manager. You can discuss your use case with the sales team in detail. The sales team will then be able to provide a recommendation tailored for your use case.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.