Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

Starting and Login to Eikon Desktop App from python

I want to open the Eikon Desktop app through subprocess and login automatically without 'Sign in Automatically'. That is what parameters to send through for user/password?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

I think you can pass along the command line and changing some configurations which i have done and now it works.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Please share fix if you wouldn't mind.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

I'm afraid this is not possible. The only way to launch Eikon and sign in silently is by ticking "Sign in automatically" box in the Eikon sign in prompt.

icon clock
10 |1500

I may run into a situation at times where I'm logged into Eikon Desktop on my work computer, and when I go home I will try logging in, but prompts a box which states that I'm logged in elsewhere and asks if I want to login anyways. Will silent sign in using 'Sign in Automatically' break in such a situation?

Correct. In this scenario "Sign in Automatically" will not ensure silent sign in.

Any idea what the specifics of the 'Best Answer' in this thread might entail?

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.