question

Upvotes
1 0 0 5

RFA J 7.6.1.L1 - Missing data when using muilti-threading

Hello,

We are having a problem with missing data when using multi-threading in our application. I'm hoping someone could give us an idea about what could be wrong.

Our application has a number of users so what we do is:

When we receive a subscription request from a user, we create a thread and:

- We create or reuse a previously created RFA session.

- We subscribe all the requested RICS with TREP using a single queue (we've also tried wrapping the queue in a queueGroup)

- we start calling the dispatch on the queue

We receive data for almost all the subscribed RICS, except for a couple, it doesn't matter how many RICs subscriptions we make, we always miss data from 1 or 2 RICS.

Again, this only happens if we use multi-threading, when we use a single thread to serve all requests, we receive all data.

I hope the explanation makes sense, thanks in advance for any help.

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The client has raised case 07548372 for this question and @veerapath.rungruengrayubkul is taking care of the case.

The case is in progress so I have extended triage 1 week.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @tdlc

Normally, application should receive response for each subscription via image or status message. I'm not sure whether your application has been implemented to process status message or not. The status message normally be received instead with reason in status text. It might provide some clues for this issue.

Could you provide more details on how your application utilize RFA for multi-threading?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.