Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
37 4 10 13

Eikon API Opened RIC subscription limit

Hi,

I am using the Eikon API .NET version to subscribe to a number of chain RICs to get their constituent RICs. These are

0#TRGBBFVDc:

0#TRFRBFVDc:

0#TRBEBFVDc:

Each of these RICs has around 1461 constituent RICs. For each of the constituent RICs I add them to the subscription.

Very soon I get the StatusUpdatesCallback firing the InstrumentState.OpenedSubscriptionsLimitExceeded case.

I guess this is because I am having almost 6k RICs subscribed.

The question is what is the limit of opened subscriptions and can I adjust it?

Thanks

Emir

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I don't see how you could be subscribing to 6K RICs. As far as I can see for your Eikon account the limit on the number of simultaneous subscriptions is 2.5K. This limit is shared by all applications using your Eikon account: Eikon desktop, Excel and any applications using Eikon APIs. The limit only controls the number of simultaneous streaming data subscriptions. It does not affect any other data retrieval including snapshot requests for market data. Once you've reached the limit, in order to be able to add new streaming data subscriptions you first need to drop some existing subscriptions.
You cannot control the limit on the number of simultaneous streaming data subscriptions from your end. You may however request that the limit is bumped to 5K RICs for your Eikon account. To do this please contact your Refinitiv account manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
37 4 10 13

Hi Alex,

I guess my previous post regarding 6k RICs was worded incorrectly. What I meant was:

I am "attempting" to subscribe almost 6k RICs (i.e. the sum of the 3 chain rics + some other ones) and hence getting the exceeded limit event.

So the limit is 2.5k simultaneous subscriptions which could potentially be increased.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.