For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 2

Historical Price Template, not returning data

I am trying to retrieve historical prices for a list of instruments by passing it the ISIN, Exchange (all SJ) and Identifier. Reuters is returning Not Found for all my instruments. What am I doing wrong ? Please see attached .

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsshistorical
reuters-1.jpg (59.8 KiB)
reuters-2.jpg (42.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your response. The Exchange is then the issue. By default our system uses Bloomberg as source which has SJ for South African Exchange , not JNB. I will then need to build in a translation from BBG to Reuters on the Exchange Side. Can you point me in the correct direction as to how to obtain a list of Exchanges on Reuters ? I can then build the mapping on my side. Many thanks Francois

@FrancoisC, you can find the list of exchange codes on Customer Zone, here.

Excellent, many thanks!

Upvote
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@FrancoisC,

There are several possibilities. You can either:

More info on this learning process here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@FrancoisC,

I see 2 aspects to this issue:

1. Adding the instruments to the instrument list
  2. The data extraction itself.

Adding the instruments to the instrument list

I tried adding 1 instrument I saw in your screenshot, using the following code (taken from DSS .Net Tutorial 2), it worked fine:

//Create an array of instrument identifiers:
IEnumerable<InstrumentIdentifier> instrumentIdentifiers = new[] 
{
    new InstrumentIdentifier
    {
        Identifier = "ZAE000000139",
        IdentifierType = IdentifierType.Isin,
        Source = "JNB"
    }
};
//Create a new (empty) instrument list:
var instrumentList = new InstrumentList { Name = "myInstrumentListName" };
extractionsContext.InstrumentListOperations.Create(instrumentList);
//Populate the instrument list by appending the array of instrument identifiers:
extractionsContext.InstrumentListOperations.AppendIdentifiers(
    instrumentList, instrumentIdentifiers, false);

This is not quite the same code as yours (which looks fine by the way), but it shows that this instrument can be added to the list. I can also see it in the DSS GUI:

If you can also see the instruments in your list in the GUI, then that step went fine.

I do not understand what you mean by "all SJ" for the exchange. The instrument I tested (ISIN ZAE000000139) is quoted on the following exchanges: BCO, BER, JNB. If you have a different value for the exchange then the instrument will not be found.

The data extraction itself

You mention this is a historical price extraction, but do not show the details of the request (data fields, date range, conditions). Could you please post that piece of code (ideally as text instead of a screenshot), as well as the extraction notes ? That will help us investigate further.

isin-jnb.png (54.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 2 2

Apologies about posting this question using this thread but do you have a location where I can lookup all the valid Field Names one can pass that will be accepted, e.g Trade Date , Instrument ID etc ... ?

icon clock
10 |1500

@FrancoisC,

You can get list of valid field names with the GetValidExtractionFieldNames. For example:

GET https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/GetValidExtractionFieldNames(ReportTemplateType=ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ReportTemplates.ReportTemplateTypes'PriceHistory')

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.