Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 3

How to get market holidays in Python API

I know EIKON has "HOL" app, and Eikon Excel also can get market holidays.

Could you let me know how to download each countries' market holidays in Python API?

<sample>

holidays, err = ek.get_data(instruments=['US', 'JP'], fields=['TR.marketholiday'], parameters={'SDate': '2019-01-01', 'EDate': '2019-12-31'}

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apimarket-holidays
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @zeusu.sato

You can get unstructured text from "XX/HOLIDAY" RIC.

Here is the sample for Hong Kong:

ahs.png (80.3 KiB)
ahs1.png (22.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 2 3

Hi chavalit.jintamalit, thank you for your reply.

Do you know if there is structured holidays data?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @zeusu.sato

No, it is not available from the API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi,

Using the get_data method, how could I acquire all the columns for a given "Holiday RIC"?

In your example you know how to point out to the specific columns given the information shown in the Eikon app, but is there a way to download the whole dataframe without pointing out the columns we want?

And from that point on, we could make a script that processes the information, since its nicely formatted

Hi @aquilesjlp300

You have to pass in field names on get_data method.

In this case, the field for this record template is as listed in the accepted answer.

ROW80_1 to ROW80_25.

Upvotes
1 1 2 3

chavalit.jintamalit , I got it, thank you!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.