Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 3

How to get user-selected currency denominated total return on Python API

There is local currency denominated total returns 'TR.TotalReturn' on Python API, but this item seems to be not able to select currency.

How can I get total returns on any currency?

ex) AAPL.O's total return denominated on JPY = (1+r_local)*(1+r_FX),

where r_local = AAPL.O's local return denominated on USD, r_FX = USD/JPY rate return.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @zeusu.sato,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@zeusu.sato,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @zeusu.sato

You can check what parameter is supported on the field you are looking for.

In this case, the TR.TotalReturn does not support the user-selected currency.

To work out your formula, you can retrieve the data and do the calculation on Python.

This is just to show you some idea (but keep in mind that I am not a content expert so the data I am using may be wrong)

ahs.png (70.9 KiB)
ahs2.png (19.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @zeusu.sato

You may see How to get close price in USD eikon data api ? question. In the third API call, it converts data point to specific currency.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 2 3

Hi Pimchaya,

Thank you for your answer, but I'd like to get total return (including dividend), but not price return.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 2 3

Hello @chavalit, I came up with the same idea. It will be very useful if there is a function which can directly calculate user defined currency based return in the future... Thank you

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.