For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 2 2

save on_message data

I am working on the websocket python example:

https://github.com/Refinitiv/websocket-api/tree/master/Applications/Examples/EDP/python

I am running the websocket app. I am able to successfully get the response back and close the socket.

I need to collect all the responses while the socket is running and pass the data to another application after the socket is closed.

what would be a good way to do that?

elektron-sdktreprdp-apiwebsocketsrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@kshishir

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @kshishir,

Unfortunately, we have not heard back from you.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @kshishir,

Elektron Websocket API offers complete flexibility in implementation, what you get is a json-formatted strings, and from the point of the response being received, any paradigm that works with json can be used.

For example,

You can put json in a message and send via any messaging that you prefer, this way is the most time-sensitive.

You can put it in a database, this way requires designing a database structure, but is readily categorize-able and searchable.

The simplest is probably writing it to a file and reading from a file:

Read And Write JSON To A File

Where you should be careful is if your app will re-distribute the streaming content to other users, real time data is exchange-fee-liable, any redistribution must be designed to be exchange-compliant.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 0 1

Hi @kshishir were you able to get this resolved?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.