Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 3 2 7

Eikon Data API Error "Asynchronous Query library internal error"

When one of my Eikon clients used Eikon Data API, ek.get_data, it came across following errors.

1. Error message "Asynchronous Query library internal error"
  2. All of requested fields via Data API ended up with 'nan' in the response values.

Sample RICs as <037833AZ3=>, <DEA1GZCP=>

Client's Python script had successfully been running for 3 months. Above error arose on 17th Feb 2020 and there is no change in client's script so wondering if anything on Eikon API server end and how to fix it.

It's now blocking client's workflow for price discovery so please help with it as quick as possible.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @tony.zhu,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @tony.zhu,

We have not heard back from you.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

-Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @tony.zhu

Re. client environment, it's Python2.7 so what's the lastet Data API supported? Where to download if any?

- It should be the same library, you can install it using "pip install eikon" command

Re. Datapoint limit associated with the API call get_data, if client hits the limit of 10000 what's the exactly error message popped?

- Please refer to "What happens when a limit is reached?" on the limitation document at https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/eikon-data-api/docs?content=49692&type=documentation_item, the response will get truncated or get NaN

What's the meaning of "Asynchronous Query library internal error"?

- I believe that this is not generated from Eikon Data API as I could not locate this error in eikon package source code and I have never seen one.

ahs.png (148.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @tony.zhu

As discussed with you.

I am trying to reproduce the issue with the provided RIC list and fields.

I will update you again tomorrow.

But I think the API call is correct and it may be related to client machine/environment.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13 3 2 7

Thanks @chavalit.jintamalit for your quick support on this issue.

I compile a RIC list of 2000 RICs RIC_2000.txtas attached so can you help reproduce to see if any issue arises?

Re. client environment, it's Python2.7 so what's the lastet Data API supported? Where to download if any?

Re. Datapoint limit associated with the API call get_data, if client hits the limit of 10000 what's the exactly error message popped?

What's the meaning of "Asynchronous Query library internal error"?

ric-2000.txt (21.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @tony.zhu

I cannot reproduce the issue.

ahs.png (43.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13 3 2 7

Sure, thanks @chavalit.jintamalit.

What about following questions?

• Re. client environment, it's Python2.7 so what's the lastet Data API supported? Where to download if any?
  • Re. Datapoint limit associated with the API call get_data, if client hits the limit of 10000 what's the exactly error message popped?
  • What's the meaning of "Asynchronous Query library internal error"?
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13 3 2 7

Thank you, @chavalit.jintamalit

Re. 'NaN' in response, it will arise when either no value for requested field or limit is hit, am I right?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @tony.zhu

Sorry, NaN in response should be from the no value for the requested field or any error happen.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.