Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
87 10 13 14

Getting currency code for a security

When I request the currency of a RIC like DTEGn.DE using the Eikon Data API using Python (streaming MarketPrice domain), I don't get back the ISO code (EUR) but a number (978). How can I translate this into the ISO currency code string?

Similar problems are found with other fields, e.g. CF_EXCHNG for the name of the exchange the security is traded on.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiforexstreaming-prices
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@GoGoGroundhog

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @GoGoGroundhog

The logic of enumerated values you find in the enumtype.def file that can be located in the default Thomson Reuters Eikon location:

\AppData\Local\Thomson Reuters\Eikon User\Cache\UUID\PersistentFiles\Config\RealTime

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks. How can I programmatically derive the UUID to be included in the above path?

@GoGoGroundhog

Try this:

from winreg import *
import xml.etree.ElementTree as ET

registry = ConnectRegistry(None, HKEY_CURRENT_USER)
rawkey = OpenKey(registry, r"Software\Thomson Reuters\DumpUploader")
val = QueryValueEx(RawKey, "FilePath")[0]

root1 = ET.parse(val.split("LibraryCache")[0] + "LMO.LatestUserAccount.xml").getroot()

enumtype = val.split("LibraryCache")[0] + (root1.attrib['uuid'] + r"\PersistentFiles\Config\RealTime\Display Templates" + r"\enumtype.def")

Thanks, works fine.

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.