Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 3 1 4

GetRicRule in python API

Hello,

In the excel files, there's a method called GetRicRules, which converts a RIC to a target depending on the parameter.

For example GetRicRule('BNPP.PA', "FALSE", "Forecast Dividend Cash flow") returns BNPPDIVCF.PA

How can I do the same with the python api ?

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @guillaume.chatel

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

GetRicRules function is implemented in the COM library XMALib.dll installed with Eikon. XMALib.dll does not provide a public API and was never documented for external use. As @chavalit.jintamalit said there's no equivalent to GetRicRules function in public Eikon APIs. You may be able to use XMALib.dll in Python with win32com.client module of pywin32 package. I haven't tried it myself, but apriori I don't see why this wouldn't work. However since XMALib.dll is a 32-bit library, it cannot be used in 64-bit Python. Since XMALib.dll does not provide a public API, there's no external facing documentation for it and Refinitiv assumes no responsibility for service continuation if you use it. In other words you can use it at your own risk. It's very likely that this library will not be included in the next generation of Refinitiv end user terminal known as Refinitiv Workspace.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @guillaume.chatel

I could not make the formula you provided in your question work on Eikon Excel.

I also cannot find any reference in the helps.

Anyway, if it is build-in function in Eikon Excel, it is not available on Eikon Data API(Python).

For available function on Eikon Data API, please refer to this API reference.

ahs.png (55.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.