question

Upvotes
Accepted
401 21 25 35

When I request MARKET_BY_PRICE, i get "Stream state: OPEN Data state: SUSPECT Code: NONE Text: No connection or service is currently up that supports this request.", any idea?

When I try to run StarterConsumer (RFA Java 7.4) to subscribe MARKET_BY_PRICE RIC DBSM.SI on ServiceName: IDN_SELECTFEED. i get "Stream state: OPEN Data state: SUSPECT Code: NONE Text: No connection or service is currently up that supports this request." Any idea what went wrong?

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi Susan,

There are two approaches to discovering if there are any services on your site that provide MarketByPrice data.

Firstly you could ask your Market Data team to confirm which if any of the services support MarketByPrice data.

Alternatively, you can try and discover for yourself the capabilities of the services available to you. One of the easier ways of doing this is to use the Viewer Gui example that is included with the RFA Java API - com.reuters.rfa.example.omm.gui.viewer When you run the above app and successfully login to your server (ADS), you should be presented with a GUI screen. The top left corner of the screen will have a drop down box where you can select from one or more services - depending on what is available to you on your ADS. Once you select a service, you can then select the 2nd drop down to see a list of Domains supported by the selected service. Select each of the services until you find one that supports MarketByPrice.

A slightly more involved, but better informed way of determining what services are available and which domains they support is to make a MMT_DIRECTORY request and parse the response. This is covered in more detail in Tutorial 10 of the Learning Materials on this website RFA Java Learning Materials

As you will see from the sample output extract on the Tutorial 10 page, a successful Directory response provides various bits of information on the service(s) available on your server such as State, domains supported, dictionaries used etc.

If you have not worked through the above tutorials, I recommend you do so, as they will provide a good overview of basic RFA functionalities and behaviour.

I hope this helps, Umer

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

MARKET_BY_PRICE model is not supported by service IDN_SELECTFEED. I would try requesting model MARKET_PRICE

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
401 21 25 35

How can I get the service that supports MARKET_BY_PRICE?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

If you do not see any service that supports MarketByPrice, please contact Thomson Reuters Account Manager who can help you to access a service supporting MarketByPrice.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2 0 1 3

IDN_SELECTFEED does not have level 2 data (market by price and order book). It is typically available if you have Direct Feed (RDF-D) which connects directly to an exchange.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.