For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 2 1 3

No Response for Multiple RIC streams

I viewed this question about stream id per ric vs batches to get an idea of how to approach this. I'm running into issues when I send multiple requests for stream (as opposed to Non-Streaming) data. When I send 4 separate requests to receive streaming data for some RICS. I only get streams for 2. I don't receive any responses (Status, Update, Refresh) for the other requests

Here's a (simplified) version of what my code looks like:

const rics = ['AAPL.OQ', 'IBM.N', 'DIS.N', 'TSLA.OQ']

for (const ric of rics) {
   //The request is made with ids: AAPL=>2, IBN=>3, DIS=>4, TSLA=>5
   //Helper method creates the message, and sends the message from the websocket
   sendStreamRequest(ric);
}

Example of what a message looks like:

{
  ID: 2,
  Key: {
    Name: 'AAPL.OQ'
  },
  Streaming: true,
  Type: 'Request'
}

My method to use an id for a stream (right now) is really simple. I start with id=2, and increment the id by 1 for each different RIC.

With the current code I have, I'll receive a response for the first 2 APPL, IBM, but no other responses for the other 2 messages I sent - not a Status, Refresh, or Update message.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtostream-id
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @jonathan.powell,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@jonathan.powell

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @jonathan.powell,

The basic code you provided looks ok. Based on what you are seeing, I can only assume there may be some issues within the callbacks and how you are handling the messages. There are a few things you can try.

1. Make sure you can retrieve all the data as expected. That is, change the size of your rics array to only contain 1 RIC per execution. Execute the app 4 times changing the ric each time.
  2. Try sending the rics as a batch. For example, simply pass in the rics array into the 'Name' parameter and observe the behavior. The 'Name' property can accept either a string or array of strings.
  3. Simplify your code to eliminate any post-processing except to print out the native JSON message received.

When I ran a simple example, this is what I submitted:

{
   "Key": {
      "Name": "IBM.N"
   },
   "Domain": "MarketPrice",
   "View": [
      "BID",
      "ASK",
      "DSPLY_NAME"
   ],
   "ID": 2
}

{
      "Name": "DIS.N"
   },
   "Domain": "MarketPrice",
   "View": [
      "BID",
      "ASK",
      "DSPLY_NAME"
   ],
   "ID": 3
}

etc.

And the responses look like this:

{
   "ID": 2,
   "Type": "Refresh",
      "Service": "ELEKTRON_DD",
      "Name": "IBM.N"
   },
   "Qos": {
      "Timeliness": "Realtime",
      "Rate": "JutConflated"
   },
   "PermData": "AwEBYsA=",
   "SeqNumber": 6096,
   "Fields": {
      "DSPLY_NAME": "INTL BUS MACHINE",
      "BID": 0.0,
      "ASK": 0.0,
   }
}

etc...

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @jonathan.powell

Are you connecting to your local TREP or ERT in Cloud? Could you please share a full JSON messages log when the problem occurs?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.